Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (you can also use 3/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup spelt or whole wheat flour)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons organic sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 3/4 cups almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, plus extra for the griddle
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat, and grease it lightly with coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together vigorously the almond milk and apple cider vinegar until the mixture is a little frothy. Mix in the coconut oil, the pumpkin, and the vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix them until the batter is totally smooth. Allow the batter to sit for a few minutes. Use a 1/4 cup dry measuring cup to ladle the batter onto your griddle. Once you see bubbles at the top of your pancakes and their edges begin to turn golden, they’re ready to flip. Flip the pancakes and allow them to cook for a few minutes on the other side.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup, a handful of chopped walnuts, and a sprinkle of pomegranate arils, if you like.